Friday, August 22, 2014

SHABBAT SHALOM Y'ALL...WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!

IT IS ALREADY SHABBAT IN ALL OF ISRAEL
As I am about to bless the new month of Elul, I tremble with fright before You, for You will soon be sitting in judgment of all creation, and what am I but earth and ash like the lowly worm…Ribbono Shel Olam, and beg You to open for us the portals of teshuvah and tefilla so that our iniquities be pardoned, so that You will inscribe us in the Book of Life on this coming Rosh Hashanah and bless us in all our undertakings.  I come to plead for compassion and pity, Please bestow on us the blessing of sustenance and infuse us withchein in Your eyes and in the eyes of our beholders. We know that You are close to all who call upon You with truthfulness and sincerity, and as we bentch Rosh Chodesh Elul we ask that You bless the month with Your bountiful blessings.
I rely upon Your great compassion and lean on your kindness … for I know that if You will examine my deeds closely, oy li v’oy lenafshi– woe is to me and woe is to my being… (acronym for Elul). Yet if I will repent wholeheartedly, You will take pity on me and will grant forgiveness for my transgressions and the letters of Elul will revert to Ani l’dodi v’dodi li – I turn to my beloved and He will turn to me.
Dear Father in Heaven who can see into every heart from His holy dwelling on high… cleanse me of my sins and endow me with benevolence and good-heartedness; renew my soul and imbue my spirit with resilience to withstand the temptations that come my way … so that I will abide by Your Holy Torah and mitzvos all the days of my life and the letters of Elul will transform to denoteashrei lach ve’ashrei le’nishmasach – praiseworthy is to you and praiseworthy is to your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment